If mama ain't, nobody ain't.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Codes and Keys

My world is getting a litter brighter, a little better, and a little more put back together.

Not that everything was completely shattered in a million pieces to begin with. But I'm feeling more confident about the way things are turning out (for now) and I feel like I just might be able to pull this off. Im more excited than ever to set out on this journey of life with my beautiful daughter and teach her everything there is to know about everything good and bad in the world. I'm so excited share the world with her. She is the only person that will ever be mine to love. Yes, I have lots of family. But she is my child. No one can ever be closer to you than your own children. They share your same blood. She's half of me. We'll go ahead and forget about whatever blood she got from her biological father. At least for now. Until she's old enough to know about and process that huge mess.

I'm working on self improvement. I'm working on building my resume and having the dream career that I've wanted. I'm working on losing weight and being happy with the person I see in the mirror. I can't truly love another person until I love myself. I am working on being at peace with the directions my life has taken and embracing those people around me that offer words of encouragement and support. I'm so thankful for my family whom I know will always be there. I have few quality friends, but for those few, I am very thankful. They keep me sane and help me realize that my issues could be much MUCH worse. They keep me grounded.

I don't feel like I need anything else. My daughter, my friends and family, love, my dreams, passion, and goals, and a career. What else is there, really? I might be a tiny bit hippy, but I'm PROUD.

You can call me a hippy but I am happy.

HippyMama=HappyMama

2 comments:

  1. Well, you're beautiful and so is your daughter. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My memory is fading. (That's what happens with age and children!) I'd forgotten you had this blog. My hope is that you'll be better at updating yours than I am at updating mine. (You see, new generations are supposed to be an improvement on past ones. No pressure.) Maybe having a better rememberer and remembering to read your blog will help me keep up with the mini-whirlwind that is you. I love you, hippy mama!

    ReplyDelete