If mama ain't, nobody ain't.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Don't have to eat like a bird to look like one!

So, as most of you know, I am trying to lose weight. And I am! So far this month, I have lost 6lbs. I have my final weigh-in this Saturday...we'll see what the verdict is. My goal is to lose at least 5lbs a month, so I'm doing good! I might need to set a more realistic goal for myself if I find that I can reach that goal mid-month. Wouldn't that be awesome!? To lost 10lbs/month?! I'd be a skinny minnie in no time! Keep dreaming...

Anways, so I'm losing weight and I've had to figure out foods to eat that don't mess with my progress. Also, foods that my whole family will eat but that are still healthy choices. I don't want our pantry to have to be split into two sections: Karie's side and everyone else's side. Plus, I don't want to always be longing for foods that I know I shouldn't have but hmm I'll just eat one cookie and then I'll be done and before you know it, I've eaten the entire box.

So here are my alternatives:

These are great for when you're on the go and you really shouldn't stop at McDonald's for breakfast or lunch. They're pretty satisfying and come in a variety of flavors. Strawberry is my favorite. 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.

These guys are in the refrigerated section at your grocery store by the cookie dough and such. They're 60 calories per brownie so you can only eat one or two but you aren't sacrificing flavor. Great for an after-dinner treat. Sometimes after I work out I get that little voice in my head that says "hey, you just worked out! Why don't you treat yourself to a big ol bowl of ice cream or cupcake! You've worked hard and you deserve it!" And I have to tell myself, no no, I really shouldn't. These Sweet Moments brownies are good to get the voices in your head to shut up.
I am a cereal fanatic. I could eat cereal everyday for every meal. It doesn't even have to be cocoa puffs or fruity pebbles or some really sugary cereal. I love healthy cereals, too. I love these oatmeal squares because they're just lightly cinnamon-ed and help to reduce cholesterol! Just like Cheerios! But you don't have to add a tablespoon of sugar to them, like you do Cheerios (didn't I just say that I like all cereal, even if it's not sugary??). They stay crunchy and 1 serving fills you up and gives you enough energy to last until lunch time.

I really like these little guys. Green Giant Weight Watchers frozen vegetables. My favorite ones are the broccoli and cheese and also the broccoli, rice and cheese. Each box has 2 1/2 servings in them and each serving is 60 calories. Even if you eat the whole box for lunch, that's still only 150 calories. What's nice about these are that if you want to make a whole box, you can grill some chicken to put in it. That's a great dinner! It will feed two easily and it's tasty.
And now, for my favorite. I just love Cheetos. They're probably my favorite chips. That's not saying much, though, because I'm really not a chip person. Aside from tortilla chips and salsa. These are all-natural, no artificial colors or flavors, no preservatives and 150 calories for an ounce (1 serving). These are a good snack to get you through until dinner. Soooo yummy.


I hope you have enjoyed my recommendations and try a few!

Yummy food= HappyMama


1 comment:

  1. Very good choices!

    The only real "comment" I have is that to tell yourself, no, don't eat this or don't eat that, is just too negative. I'd say YES, I do deserve a treat! I deserve to wear my size 10 pants, my size 8 pants, my size 6, etc. you get the idea. Also Yes, I deserve a treat, pass the (choose one of the above choices you enumerated.)

    Keep it up--don't be "on a diet", though, just set your lifestyle now, and you will do yourself a huge favor later.

    ReplyDelete